Barclays Covid-19 Community Relief Programme
Thanks to the Barclays 100x100 UK COVID-19 Community Relief Programme, we have been awarded a donation of £100,00 to support our work over the Coronavirus pandemic. The funds have made a big difference to our client and team response throughout the pandemic and allow Alabaré to continue vital work supporting young people and the homeless during this critical time. Below is an overview of what the funding has allowed us to do:
- The team has been able to run a COVID emergency centre distributing emergency food supplies which has helped ensure the safety of over 450 vulnerable residents across the Alabaré network.
- Additional staff have been deployed so that most vulnerable clients in our homes have been able to have additional support and reassurance as they cope with self-isolation and lockdowns.
- As our usual Drop-In Centre which provides meals for homeless people in Salisbury several times a week has had to close through social distancing measures, however, funds have allowed us to continue part-time food provision through the redeployment of a mobile catering unit at Alabaré Place in Salisbury which mean people in need can now meet outside, while maintaining social distances and have a hot meal at this vital time.
- We have been able to purchase additional IT such as laptops and mobile phones so that staff members can work from home following government guidelines, while also covering some additional support costs such as staff travel and marketing of our mental health support programme.
- Lastly, additional cleaning measures have naturally had to be put in place in all of our properties to ensure that existing and new resident referrals are not put at risk of cross-contamination or Covid risk. Funding to allow us to provide cleaning equipment, sanitation stations and PPE are an essential part of this.
These funds have proved vital in our ability to continue a high level of care to both new and existing clients in our care, while also allowing us to safeguard the interests of our team. We are, therefore, incredibly grateful to the Barclays 100x100 UK COVID-19 Community Relief Programme for their generous support at this moment in time without which much of this would not have been possible.