Churches often work together during Lent to support the most vulnerable. As we reflect again on all that Jesus did for us and prepare ourselves to commemorate his death and resurrection, we look for ways to care for those in the greatest need.
This year through Lent, as well as praying for our work, we are asking churches to consider supporting Alabaré financially by raising money for three specific projects:
- £250 would provide a pack for young people leaving our care, including pots and pans, sheets, a cushion, and an element of support
- £600 would provide a welcome pack for veterans coming into our care, including everything from the mug to the mattress, which they can take with them when they leave us
- £1,000 would provide a much-needed refurbishment pack for our homeless shelter in Salisbury, including new flooring and re-decorating
Download your free Resources
We have lots of resources which we can provide you with including; gift aid envelopes, balloons, information leaflets/posters, wristbands and pens. Please email email@example.com or call 07973 869060 to request a fundraising pack.
Click below to download your free resources:
- Lent Prayer Suggestions
- Young People Lent Project Poster
- Veteran Lent Project Poster
- Homelessness Lent Project Poster
- Lent Project Invitations
- About Alabaré Poster
- Gift Aid Form (make every pound you give to Alabaré worth 25% more)
Lent Project Fundraising ideas:
Struggling for inspiration? Here are just a few fundraising ideas.
- Lent Lunch
- Cake Sale or Bake off
- Sponsored Walk
- Craft Evening
- Give something up and take something on
Hosting a Lent Project Fundraiser
- Choose an event (e.g. Lent lunch)
- Invite your congregation, friends and neighbours
- Ask them to bring a donation with them
- Choose your menu
- Enjoy your evening and have fun
- Send Alabaré your donations
To send us your donations, you can use BACS, cheque, PayPal or via our website. To see the full list of ways you can donate to Alabaré click here. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org when you do pay your donation in so we can look out for it.